Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving Memories with Flo Stanton

Can you smell the fall air?
Yes, we know Thanksgiving is over, but there's still one more week left in November, and another GFW Writer, Flo Stanton, shares her Thanksgiving memories.

What is your favorite childhood memory about Thanksgiving?  
The hunger-producing smells of a luscious, will it ever be ready?, dinner cooking!  Nothin' better.  

Did you and your family/friends cook the traditional Thanksgiving turkey, or did they do something different?  

We cooked the traditional Thanksgiving dinner without exception.

What’s your favorite thing about Thanksgiving and/or Autumn? 

Sapphire blue skies, crisp mountain air, majestic colors and in days of old, the quintessential smell of burning leaves. 
What did you do for Thanksgiving this year?  

My family and I joined my sister and her family at the Drexel dining room table of my childhood.  The fun-loving memories of my parents, grandparents and nine siblings gathered at that table are blessings in abundance.

Last, and most importantly, please share one of your favorite or memorable recipes for Thanksgiving!  

No recipe.  Just several long distance phone calls asking my Mom how to make her must have sage, white bread dressing/stuffing for my first Thanksgiving married. 

Thanks for sharing with us, Flo!
We hope everyone can come back on Wednesday for Lyn Horner's last series post of the year on Self-Publishing. See you then!

4 comments:

Caroline Clemmons said...

I remember childhood Thanksgivings, but our family's traditions have evolved to fit our current lives and smaller family. Sometimes it's nice to create traditions, as we are doing, and merge them with our fond memories. It sounds as if that's what Flo has done.

Maryannwrites said...

I agree with Flo and Caroline that it is good to blend older traditions with new ones. I do love the traditional dinner, though, and it is my favorite meal to cook. My fondest Thanksgiving memory is going to West Virginia as a child and sharing a feast with grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.

SusieSheehey said...

I love that picture! The turning colors and smell of Autumn is definitely my favorite. Perfect Thanksgiving scene!

Ruby Johnson said...

I like changing things up. But my daughters want Thanksgiving dinners to remain the same every year. I still try to sneak in one new dish each year. My first daughter serves a small pumpkin stuffed with couscous. Delicious.

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...